VISION AND MISSION
To be a vibrant Technology Park and the Centre of Excellence for Information Technology Services.
- To provide world class services in Information Technology
- To attract reputed IT/ITES companies from both within Bhutan and around the world to work in a stimulating environment which provides opportunities for technology based collaboration, learning and innovation.
- To promote Research, Innovation, and development in Technologies.
- To maximize the efficient utilization of resources and increase return on investment for all stakeholders.
The company, in discharging its duties and providing services to its stakeholders, will uphold the following core values:
- Integrity and honesty
- Globally aware and locally sensitive
- Socially and environmentally conscious
IT Park Project Background
The initial concept document on the World Bank-led Private Sector Development Project of which IT Park is one of the three components date back to 2006. The other two components of the Project are Development of a skills program for promoting the IT/ITES industry, and Strengthening the financial sector through deployment of technology.
The Royal Government of Bhutan (RGoB) received a grant from the International Development Association (IDA) toward the cost of the Private Sector Development (PSD) Project in 2008. As a part of these initiatives, DITT/MoIC/RGoB initiated the development of a 50,000 sq ft world-class IT Park property – Thimphu TechPark – on a Public Private Partnership (PPP) model, at Babesa, on 5 acres of government land leased for 30 years renewable by two more 30-year terms based on mutual agreement.
The objectives of the project are to increase productive employment in Bhutan through promotion of enterprise development in the IT/ITES sector, enhanced IT skills, and improved access to finance. The construction phase of the IT Park was completed on 30 April 2012. The operations phase of the IT Park began from 7 May 2012.